Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bret Ludwig

Default FM composite generator

I want a device that takes two audio signals, left and right, and
generates the L+R and L-R signals to the FM specs in use in FM
broadcasting, that I can use with a conventional FM signal generator
like a HP 8640B, 8657A or a service monitor for FM stereo decoder
testing. Is one still commercially available, or is one easily built
such that it can be calibrated with reasonable ease?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want a device that takes two audio signals, left and right, and
generates the L+R and L-R signals to the FM specs in use in FM
broadcasting, that I can use with a conventional FM signal generator
like a HP 8640B, 8657A or a service monitor for FM stereo decoder
testing. Is one still commercially available, or is one easily built
such that it can be calibrated with reasonable ease?

There's loads of schematics on the web for these, just Google for 'stereo
encoder schematic' and you'll get over 68,000 results.

Dave

Steps to select a generator 8/9 AllEmailDeletedImmediately Home Ownership 0 February 25th 06 09:07 PM
Steps to select a generator 6/9 AllEmailDeletedImmediately Home Ownership 0 February 25th 06 09:05 PM
Water heater wiring for generator hookup and to 120 VAC power? [email protected] Home Repair 25 December 13th 05 02:25 PM
Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 05:24 PM
Earthing Sparks UK diy 10 October 29th 03 01:27 AM