Posted to sci.electronics.repair
lancelot

Default Ps36125

Hi,

I have a Proscan 36" TV, it's about 9yrs old. The unit was working
fine in the morning. When I went to turn it on at night all I got was
a clicking sound. Initially it clicked several times now it just does
it once but never powers on.

I did remove the back to inspect for obvious damage and try to pinpoint
the source of the clicking. The board "looks" good. I do not know part
numbers or the correct jargon but there is a white square object/part
from which a cable attaches to the tube, it has a little discoloration
on top, but that's it. Unable to pinpoint the source of the click, and
so far have taken no voltage readings, there is a small fuse by the
power cord that is good.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a probable cause?

I am new to this forum and appreciate any help.

lancelot

--
lancelot
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

There is nothing you can do but call a TV service shop and get an estimate.
This is a CTC197 chassis and needs trouble shooting possibly bad IHVT and
S/C HOT.
May even be trouble in the SMPS sections.

IHVT = Flyback Transformer
HOT = Horizontal Output Transistor
SMPS = Switched Mode Power Supply.

"lancelot" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mr. Land

I would guess that kip, after reading your original post, based his
suggestion on an estimation that you probably do not have the
background required to fix this yourself.

That's would I would conclude, and I'd make the same recommendation.
If you really don't know what you're doing, and/or don't have the
proper tools, you could do more harm than good (to the TV and to
yourself!)

Regards,

- another Kip

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

Well I guess my 38 yrs as a CET and working factory
service for RCA when they had factory service does not count.
Not to mention I work on these 6 days a week.
Get A Life Fella.

kip
"Mr. Land" wrote in message
oups.com...
I would guess that kip, after reading your original post, based his
suggestion on an estimation that you probably do not have the
background required to fix this yourself.

That's would I would conclude, and I'd make the same recommendation.
If you really don't know what you're doing, and/or don't have the
proper tools, you could do more harm than good (to the TV and to
yourself!)

Regards,

- another Kip

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mr. Land

kip!

Read my post again.

Carefully, this time %^)

I was talking about the original poster, not you.