Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Karen Ray-Stewart

Default Mitsubishi problems

I am working on a 31" mitsubishi model # CS-31205c It has a very dim raster
with no audio. The OSD works fine.any suggestions

James

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

"Karen Ray-Stewart" wrote in message
. ..
I am working on a 31" mitsubishi model # CS-31205c It has a very dim
raster with no audio. The OSD works fine.any suggestions

James

Troubleshooting? Which inputs are you using? When you say dim raster, do
you mean little luma?

Leonard

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Karen Ray-Stewart

Yes little lumanance a very dim pic when you turn up the screen on the
flyback it does nothing to improve it. It is on all inputs video 1 and the
tuner(UHF-VHF).

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message

"Karen Ray-Stewart" wrote in message
. ..
I am working on a 31" mitsubishi model # CS-31205c It has a very dim
raster with no audio. The OSD works fine.any suggestions

James

Troubleshooting? Which inputs are you using? When you say dim raster, do
you mean little luma?

Leonard

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Karen Ray-Stewart wrote:
I am working on a 31" mitsubishi model # CS-31205c It has a very dim raster
with no audio. The OSD works fine.any suggestions

James

I saw this once, took me forever to track down but the problem turned
out to be a little 1/8W resistor, seems like it was somewhere near the
flyback. I don't remember now if it was a Mits or a Sharp TV but I had
just about given up on it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Karen Ray-Stewart wrote:

I am working on a 31" mitsubishi model # CS-31205c It has a very dim
raster with no audio. The OSD works fine.any suggestions

James

I saw this once, took me forever to track down but the problem turned out
to be a little 1/8W resistor, seems like it was somewhere near the
flyback. I don't remember now if it was a Mits or a Sharp TV but I had
just about given up on it.

I remember now that it was part of the ABL circuit, I figured it out
finally with a tip from someone here, I don't remember any more details
though.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

Look to the delay line, IIRC DL202, but it should be easy to locate. Signal
in, signal out?

Leonard

"Karen Ray-Stewart" wrote in message
. ..
Yes little lumanance a very dim pic when you turn up the screen on the
flyback it does nothing to improve it. It is on all inputs video 1 and the
tuner(UHF-VHF).

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message

"Karen Ray-Stewart" wrote in message
. ..
I am working on a 31" mitsubishi model # CS-31205c It has a very dim
raster with no audio. The OSD works fine.any suggestions

James

Troubleshooting? Which inputs are you using? When you say dim raster,
do you mean little luma?

Leonard

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeff Rigby

.. .

Karen Ray-Stewart wrote:
I am working on a 31" mitsubishi model # CS-31205c It has a very dim
raster with no audio. The OSD works fine.any suggestions

James

I saw this once, took me forever to track down but the problem turned out
to be a little 1/8W resistor, seems like it was somewhere near the
flyback. I don't remember now if it was a Mits or a Sharp TV but I had
just about given up on it.

Any time you have OSD and dim picture (not enough brightness) check ABL. I
believe that the older MITSUBISHI has a couple of caps that leak in the ABL
Circuit. Also, a high value resistor from 120VB+ to bias the ABL from the
flyback high until beam current brings it down (with high beam current the
ABL pin of the flyback goes neg or pulls the bias lower.)

If you have unstable vert as well as dim pic, on your set I think it has a
vertical PIP board that has many surface mount caps that go bad. jump pin 5
to 11 (VP on the MB) for that board with a 4.7 uf cap, if the video
improves, remove the pip board and solder a cap from 5 to 11 and if no color
look for the color pins 7&9 and use same value cap there.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

"Jeff Rigby" wrote in message
Any time you have OSD and dim picture (not enough brightness) check ABL.
I believe that the older MITSUBISHI has a couple of caps that leak in the
ABL Circuit. Also, a high value resistor from 120VB+ to bias the ABL from
the flyback high until beam current brings it down (with high beam current
the ABL pin of the flyback goes neg or pulls the bias lower.)

If you have unstable vert as well as dim pic, on your set I think it has a
vertical PIP board that has many surface mount caps that go bad. jump pin
5 to 11 (VP on the MB) for that board with a 4.7 uf cap, if the video
improves, remove the pip board and solder a cap from 5 to 11 and if no
color look for the color pins 7&9 and use same value cap there.

This model does not have PIP.

Leonard