Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bigdaddy

Default Sony TV KV-M1401U Picture Problem

I have this TV and for few months it has started given me problem.
When I switch it on I get a horizontal line with sound. If I lift or
press the corner of the circuit board a little bit, the full picture
with sound appears. The picture is more stable when I lift the corner
at the scart side rather than pressing it. If I leave it at that, the
picture remains but unstable. Even walking on the carpet makes it
unstable.

I took out the Tuner and I did not find any dry or crack solder joints
even with 3.5 X Loop. I have examined the board under the light with
the same magnification and re soldered many joints which I thought
suspicious. Still the symptom persist.

I would like to know if anyone knows a specific cause and cure of it.
Thanks.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeff Hackler

bigdaddy wrote:
I have this TV and for few months it has started given me problem.
When I switch it on I get a horizontal line with sound. If I lift or
press the corner of the circuit board a little bit, the full picture
with sound appears. The picture is more stable when I lift the corner
at the scart side rather than pressing it. If I leave it at that, the
picture remains but unstable. Even walking on the carpet makes it
unstable.

I took out the Tuner and I did not find any dry or crack solder joints
even with 3.5 X Loop. I have examined the board under the light with
the same magnification and re soldered many joints which I thought
suspicious. Still the symptom persist.

I would like to know if anyone knows a specific cause and cure of it.
Thanks.

THERE WAS AN ISSUE LIKE THIS WITH RCA TVS SOME TIME AGO. THERE WAS A
SWITCH THAT SAID NORMAL/SERVICE AND WHEN YOU SWITCHED IT TO SERVICE YOU
GOT A HORIZONTAL LINE. THEN THOSE MORONS WOULD CALL A SERVICE SHOP
BECAUSE THEY HAD THOUGHT THEY BROKE THEIR T.V.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tvguy

If you are sure that there are no more bad solding joints then I would
suspect a crack some wheres on the mainbord. I would look close to the
vertical section for this.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tvguy

Jeff Hacklerwrote:
bigdaddy wrote:
[...]

BECAUSE THEY HAD THOUGHT THEY BROKE THEIR T.V.[/quote:b9d57aabaf]

I would like to tell this moron Jeff Hackler that there is no service
switch in side this tv set.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeff Hackler

tvguy wrote:
Jeff Hacklerwrote:

bigdaddy wrote:
[...]

DON'T HAVE TO. YOUR MOM ALREADY TOLD ME WHILE SHE SNORTED COCAINE OFF
MY DICK.