DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony TV KV-M1401U Picture Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/147702-sony-tv-kv-m1401u-picture-problem.html)

bigdaddy March 5th 06 11:02 PM

Sony TV KV-M1401U Picture Problem

I have this TV and for few months it has started given me problem.
When I switch it on I get a horizontal line with sound. If I lift or
press the corner of the circuit board a little bit, the full picture
with sound appears. The picture is more stable when I lift the corner
at the scart side rather than pressing it. If I leave it at that, the
picture remains but unstable. Even walking on the carpet makes it
unstable.

I took out the Tuner and I did not find any dry or crack solder joints
even with 3.5 X Loop. I have examined the board under the light with
the same magnification and re soldered many joints which I thought
suspicious. Still the symptom persist.

I would like to know if anyone knows a specific cause and cure of it.
Thanks.

Jeff Hackler March 6th 06 01:59 AM

bigdaddy wrote:
I have this TV and for few months it has started given me problem.
When I switch it on I get a horizontal line with sound. If I lift or
press the corner of the circuit board a little bit, the full picture
with sound appears. The picture is more stable when I lift the corner
at the scart side rather than pressing it. If I leave it at that, the
picture remains but unstable. Even walking on the carpet makes it
unstable.

I took out the Tuner and I did not find any dry or crack solder joints
even with 3.5 X Loop. I have examined the board under the light with
the same magnification and re soldered many joints which I thought
suspicious. Still the symptom persist.

I would like to know if anyone knows a specific cause and cure of it.
Thanks.

THERE WAS AN ISSUE LIKE THIS WITH RCA TVS SOME TIME AGO. THERE WAS A
SWITCH THAT SAID NORMAL/SERVICE AND WHEN YOU SWITCHED IT TO SERVICE YOU
GOT A HORIZONTAL LINE. THEN THOSE MORONS WOULD CALL A SERVICE SHOP
BECAUSE THEY HAD THOUGHT THEY BROKE THEIR T.V.

tvguy March 6th 06 02:02 AM

Sony TV KV-M1401U Picture Problem

If you are sure that there are no more bad solding joints then I would
suspect a crack some wheres on the mainbord. I would look close to the
vertical section for this.

tvguy March 6th 06 04:02 AM

Jeff Hacklerwrote:
bigdaddy wrote:
[...]

BECAUSE THEY HAD THOUGHT THEY BROKE THEIR T.V.[/quote:b9d57aabaf]

I would like to tell this moron Jeff Hackler that there is no service
switch in side this tv set.

Jeff Hackler March 6th 06 04:30 AM

tvguy wrote:
Jeff Hacklerwrote:

bigdaddy wrote:
[...]

DON'T HAVE TO. YOUR MOM ALREADY TOLD ME WHILE SHE SNORTED COCAINE OFF
MY DICK.

bigdaddy March 6th 06 02:48 PM

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 02:02:39 GMT, lid (tvguy) wrote:

If you are sure that there are no more bad solding joints then I would
suspect a crack some wheres on the mainbord. I would look close to the
vertical section for this.

Could you please be more precise as I haven't got the schematics for
this TV and do not know much about TV circuitry either.