Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bigdaddy

Default Sony TV KV-M1401U Picture Problem

I have this TV and for few months it has started given me problem.
When I switch it on I get a horizontal line with sound. If I lift or
press the corner of the circuit board a little bit, the full picture
with sound appears. The picture is more stable when I lift the corner
at the scart side rather than pressing it. If I leave it at that, the
picture remains but unstable. Even walking on the carpet makes it
unstable.

I took out the Tuner and I did not find any dry or crack solder joints
even with 3.5 X Loop. I have examined the board under the light with
the same magnification and re soldered many joints which I thought
suspicious. Still the symptom persist.

I would like to know if anyone knows a specific cause and cure of it.
Thanks.