Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
RDC RDC is offline
Junior Member

Default Pioneer RX-570

I have an RX-570 here that keeps popping the outputs and have no clue where the SM Transistors are to defeat the BLOW Line in it. According to what I've read in other dealings with this thing, Q7401 and Q7406 are the SMTs in question, but they're not on the amp boards, are invisible or I'm going blind. The entire amp module is brand new, so you can imagine I was pretty suprised (enraged really) when I fired it back up and it killed the thing. I had a 100w light bulb in there to keep it from self destructing as well, but it didn't help.

I want to rule the entire amp module out, since it was new and still got toasted. I replaced the outputs and the 220ohm resistors as well as everything else on it are all still good. But now really have no idea where to start looking externally for whatever is kicking the "protection circuit" (term used very loosley) on. Every other one I've ever messed with had an open resistor or two and shot outputs, and that repair alone fixed them up, but this things deciding to be a nightmare. If anyone has any ideas or info I thank you a ton in advance.

Last edited by RDC : March 4th 06 at 05:43 AM