RDC RDC is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark D. Zacharias
The surface-mounts are there - they are just hard to find. A nagnifying
glass helps to find the board markings.
These units can be blown by a bad cassette motor or any power supply voltage
being low.
When you find 7401 and 7406, short the E-B junctions.

Mark Z.

Thanks Mark, I was hoping you'd see this since it was an older post of yours that had the info. Are you saying these are on the Front amp board? or are they located elsewhere? I've been all over both amp boards and there are no Q74xx at all on these, Q71xx and Q72xx on the Rear/Reg/Protect Board, and then Q75xx and Q76xx on the Front Board.

Thanks again.