Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Mitsubishi VS50VA2 rolls for the first minute after turn on.

This is the description I got from the customer over the phone. It
sounds like it could be a high ESR cap but I don't know. Does anyone
know of a definite cause for this symptom on this model? I would like
to try to have as much information on this before I attempt an in home
repair. Thanks for any advice. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dani

Look for red capacitors by jungle IC.Look here.

http://wa6ati.com/Mga-tip.html

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

This symptom is typical of the infamous PIP module with the leaky
electrolytics. If the corrosion has not become so bad that the board is
unrepairable, you can change all of the surface mount caps and clean up the
corrosion. If the traces are eaten up or the black corrosion has reached
the IC, don't bother. Just bypass it.

The details of the bypass and repairs of the PIP modules can be found in the
archives of this group and on the NESDA-Ohio organization site.

There have also been some sets in this chassis series with problems on the 9
and 12 volt lines. Check the caps on those lines.

Leonard

wrote in message
oups.com...
This is the description I got from the customer over the phone. It
sounds like it could be a high ESR cap but I don't know. Does anyone
know of a definite cause for this symptom on this model? I would like
to try to have as much information on this before I attempt an in home
repair. Thanks for any advice. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I've done a few PIP bypasses on 27" sets. Is the board used in these
projections and the procedure for bypass the same as the 27's? Lenny

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

Yes. Essentially the same. I think the connectors might be lablelled
differently, but we use the same bypass technique.

Note that only a few models of the RPTVs used these. A lot more of the
direct view sets did.

Leonard