Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Mitsubishi WS 855511 HD TV remote control not working

I have a Mitsubishi WS 855511 big screen.
The remote control stopped working recently.
replaced batteries

Light on the remote works.
Still doesn't work
replaced remote with an Mitsubishi universal remote.

Just like the old one but no light feature ($$$!!!)
Bought new on Ebay from TV remote dealer.(Samstronic)
still nothing...

Any ideas?...
The new remote came without instructions. Do I need to pre-program
this remote?
The old remote seems to work fine but doesn't.
Maybe the remote IR on the TV bad? Where is it even located?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G.

You need the correct model remote for your set. No programmming is
necessary. The parts distributor for yourset manufacture can have the
origional.

It is rare, but possible to have a failure in the remote circuit area
of our set. This will require proper shop troubleshooting and service.

Jerry G.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

So what you're saying is that I need the identical original remote.
The one that I bought was stated as such, or as a replacement as such.
it is identical but without the "light-up" button features. Does
anyone know if the original remote for my tv works on any other current
models? Maybe I should take it toCircuit city and start zpping big
screens to see if I get a response. Hmmm....any ideas? Thanks