Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert

Default Mitsubishi WS 855511 HD TV remote control not working

wrote:
So what you're saying is that I need the identical original remote.
The one that I bought was stated as such, or as a replacement as such.
it is identical but without the "light-up" button features. Does
anyone know if the original remote for my tv works on any other current
models? Maybe I should take it toCircuit city and start zpping big
screens to see if I get a response. Hmmm....any ideas? Thanks

This is really getting to be a major PITA. I just cycled through three
universal remotes unsuccessfully trying to find one which would access
menu functions on an old Sharp 27". I've been using it in 'monitor'
mode, but need to move it, to replace another standalone set in the
house which has developed a sound fault.

I need to reprogram channels...can get in 'program' mode, but with that
one remote, I can't find an 'enter' button which works. The other two:
one offers no 'menu' button whatever...one doesn't access the menu
(despite each of the two Sharp TV codes).

At least with only two code schemes, I (maybe) have a 50/50 chance of
picking up a second-hand Sharp original which will work.

With all the government interference with TV manufacturers, you'd think
there'd be some kind of rule mandating full functionality from the
panel...even if it was some arcane combo of button punches.

jak