Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Alennx

Default SONY EV-C3 Video8 Player/Recorder (NTSC) Bad picture...

When you take the cover off there are three adjustable screws behind
the head ( in what appears to be a RF booster?) and three adjustable
screws below the head under the tape deck. I have played with all of
them and they do not appear to make any difference to the picture...
but my fridge is now colder.

The picture I'm getting is grainy in places but clear in others while
the grainy fields move around the entire screen. The color contrast
moves in and out and the player seems to playing on LP even thought the
tape was recorded at SP.

This unit is old but clean inside.

What up, Know-Monkeys?

Thanks,

Break-Monkey.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Alennx

Further, Where is the Head amp where the Caps need replacing?

If you suspect this job may be beyond me, you're probably right!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias

"Alennx" wrote in message
oups.com...
When you take the cover off there are three adjustable screws behind
the head ( in what appears to be a RF booster?) and three adjustable
screws below the head under the tape deck. I have played with all of
them and they do not appear to make any difference to the picture...
but my fridge is now colder.

The picture I'm getting is grainy in places but clear in others while
the grainy fields move around the entire screen. The color contrast
moves in and out and the player seems to playing on LP even thought the
tape was recorded at SP.

This unit is old but clean inside.

What up, Know-Monkeys?

Thanks,

Break-Monkey.

Capacitors in the head preamp. Your adjustments might have complicated
matters.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias

"Alennx" wrote in message
oups.com...
Further, Where is the Head amp where the Caps need replacing?

If you suspect this job may be beyond me, you're probably right!

The head amp sits behind the drum.

mz