Default Sony KV32FS100 picture shifted 6" left

Hi all. Sony KV-32FS100 tv. Picture is shifted 6 inches to the left. I don't
see anything obvious on boards, burns, etc. Anyone seen this before?

Cheers, Danny

Hi. Just black. Menu is displaced as well. They said it happened between
uses, not gradually.

Danny

Okay, in service menu, H pos cannot be changed. Also left side of picture is
not visible. H Size can be changed, but not H pos.

Danny

I had this before, but first you need to determine one thing, is it
Hphase or DC on the yoke ?

To confirm, turn down the picture control and raise the G2, if you see
raster there, it's Hphase.

This is from memory so I can only be so specific.

Trace back from the Hout circuit where it sends feedback to the jungle
IC, there is a small cap, not an electrolytic. I think it was a .047,
and located near the jungle.

I had originally reasoned the the jungle was bad because the parameter
had no effect, but I found out later that when the phase of the
feedback phase is off so much this is what happens.

Upon further consideration I figured out that this feedback, being
divided down from the collector of the Hout is only used to compensate
for the drastic amount of pincushion correction needed. That's also why
it comes direclty from the collector. If you've seen what happens to
that waveform with changes in beam current you can see it, they want
load in there as a factor. This is not as detectable off other
windings.

I had a print for the set and was having trouble, if you don't, I
suggest you download a datasheet for the jungle IC and start at that
end, IIRC the cap was towards the IC, not near the Hout.

Also if you don't have a print you might be able to use a print from
another set using the same IC. The peripheral components, at least near
the IC, tend to be the same. Sometimes the foil pattern is even the
same in the area in question.

JURB

Does kinda smell like Hphase more than yoke dc. I had thought about yoke dc
at first, when I talked to the guy about it. I went into service menu and
brought Hsize in so I could see everything. Left side of picture is cut off,
so that I can't see all of it, while right side is shifted to the left. I
haven't brought the heavy beast in, kinda trying to avoid that as it weighs
a ton.

Yoke dc wouldn't cut off left part of picture I wouldn't think.

Cheers, Danny