Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Sewell

Default 15v supply for analogue testmeter high resistance range

Hi ya,
I got an old TMK multimeter. The 15v battery for the highest resistance
range needs replacing. It is a number 504. Any suggestions please on a
cheap and compact way to substitute this battery?
Thanks,
Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
default

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:56:33 -0000, "David Sewell"
wrote:

Hi ya,
I got an old TMK multimeter. The 15v battery for the highest resistance
range needs replacing. It is a number 504. Any suggestions please on a
cheap and compact way to substitute this battery?
Thanks,
Dave

Not familiar with TMK. Assuming it is a bridge circuit, and there's
enough room, two nine volt batteries in series may work. Check the
schematic to see if the resistors can dissipate the power
(particularly the zero adjust)

504 batteries are still stocked and available $7 each (US)

Good project there, if you want to fool around. DC/DC converter
running from a D battery (assuming it uses D for the low ranges).

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik

wrote:

Hi ya,
I got an old TMK multimeter. The 15v battery for the highest resistance
range needs replacing. It is a number 504. Any suggestions please on a
cheap and compact way to substitute this battery?
Thanks,
Dave

Not familiar with TMK. Assuming it is a bridge circuit, and there's
enough room, two nine volt batteries in series may work.

Or 5 CR123 3V lithium cells in series.
You might even be able to use lithium coin cells.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Sewell

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:

Hi ya,
I got an old TMK multimeter. The 15v battery for the highest resistance
range needs replacing. It is a number 504. Any suggestions please on a
cheap and compact way to substitute this battery?
Thanks,
Dave

Not familiar with TMK. Assuming it is a bridge circuit, and there's
enough room, two nine volt batteries in series may work.

Or 5 CR123 3V lithium cells in series.
You might even be able to use lithium coin cells.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net

Thanks Jim, actually that's an idea I never thought of ( 2 x 9v bats). Bit
of tinkering etc ...yes! Lithium I think too expensive though.
Thanks,
Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik

"David Sewell" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:

Hi ya,
I got an old TMK multimeter. The 15v battery for the highest
resistance range needs replacing. It is a number 504. Any
suggestions please on a cheap and compact way to substitute this
battery? Thanks,
Dave

Not familiar with TMK. Assuming it is a bridge circuit, and
there's enough room, two nine volt batteries in series may work.

Or 5 CR123 3V lithium cells in series.
You might even be able to use lithium coin cells.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net

Thanks Jim, actually that's an idea I never thought of ( 2 x 9v bats).

The 2 9V battery idea was the other poster's idea.

Bit of tinkering etc ...yes! Lithium I think too expensive though.
Thanks,
Dave

The 123 cells are only expensive if you buy them from ordinary sources.
check out Surefire's prices in quantity.

Lithium coin cells would give the best fit.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mc

Hi ya,
I got an old TMK multimeter. The 15v battery for the highest
resistance range needs replacing. It is a number 504. Any
suggestions please on a cheap and compact way to substitute this
battery? Thanks,
Dave

If this is the same battery that is used in the Triplett 310, it's still
available from test equipment dealers.

The Triplett 310 is a living dinosaur, I mean classic.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Sewell

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .
"David Sewell" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:

[...]

Thanks again Jim. Strange, You are the only reply to my question showing on
my screen. So I thought it was your idea.
David

Got zapped by T.V. high voltage Arnold stewart Electronics Repair 7 May 14th 04 11:27 PM
Power Supply Range Rinkoo Electronics Repair 2 April 14th 04 10:53 PM
Generator Grounding PoP UK diy 10 November 13th 03 12:29 PM
Switching Power Supply Failure W. Curtiss Priest Electronics Repair 5 October 9th 03 10:43 PM
Switching Power Supply Failure W. Curtiss Priest Home Repair 0 October 6th 03 03:43 PM