Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik

Default 15v supply for analogue testmeter high resistance range

"David Sewell" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .
default wrote in :

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:56:33 -0000, "David Sewell"
wrote:

Hi ya,
I got an old TMK multimeter. The 15v battery for the highest
resistance range needs replacing. It is a number 504. Any
suggestions please on a cheap and compact way to substitute this
battery? Thanks,
Dave

Not familiar with TMK. Assuming it is a bridge circuit, and
there's enough room, two nine volt batteries in series may work.

Or 5 CR123 3V lithium cells in series.
You might even be able to use lithium coin cells.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Thanks Jim, actually that's an idea I never thought of ( 2 x 9v bats).

The 2 9V battery idea was the other poster's idea.

Bit of tinkering etc ...yes! Lithium I think too expensive though.
Thanks,
Dave

The 123 cells are only expensive if you buy them from ordinary sources.
check out Surefire's prices in quantity.

Lithium coin cells would give the best fit.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik