Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Sewell

Default 15v supply for analogue testmeter high resistance range

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .
"David Sewell" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .
default wrote in :

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:56:33 -0000, "David Sewell"
wrote:

Hi ya,
I got an old TMK multimeter. The 15v battery for the highest
resistance range needs replacing. It is a number 504. Any
suggestions please on a cheap and compact way to substitute this
battery? Thanks,
Dave

Not familiar with TMK. Assuming it is a bridge circuit, and
there's enough room, two nine volt batteries in series may work.

Or 5 CR123 3V lithium cells in series.
You might even be able to use lithium coin cells.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Thanks Jim, actually that's an idea I never thought of ( 2 x 9v bats).

The 2 9V battery idea was the other poster's idea.

Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net

Thanks again Jim. Strange, You are the only reply to my question showing on
my screen. So I thought it was your idea.
David