Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
RJK

Default NEC FE750 17" PC occasional field collapse

Hello all,

Can anyone help me as to how or where to locate a fault in my NEC FE750
monitor (.25mm dot pitch / flat aperture grille tube). Every few hours,
(it's done it about 5 times now over the past few days), I get loud "Clunk"
sound as if it's just been switched on or off - picture field collapses to a
bright horizontal white/magenta line, (pretty sure it's not white), field
collapse lasts for just a second then "clunk" again, and Windows desktop
appears in the middle of a degauss cycle then it's fine again for hours.

This NEC monitor was in storage from new along with several others for
years, I've had this one for about a year, tube is like new. Shame to have
chuck it for the sake of a disc capacitor ...if that's all that's wrong !!

....any pointers, or referral to a good monitor repair technician
appreciated.

regards, Richard