Posted to sci.electronics.repair
RJK

Default NEC FE750 17" PC occasional field collapse

Hello all,

Can anyone help me as to how or where to locate a fault in my NEC FE750
monitor (.25mm dot pitch / flat aperture grille tube). Every few hours,
(it's done it about 5 times now over the past few days), I get loud "Clunk"
sound as if it's just been switched on or off - picture field collapses to a
bright horizontal white/magenta line, (pretty sure it's not white), field
collapse lasts for just a second then "clunk" again, and Windows desktop
appears in the middle of a degauss cycle then it's fine again for hours.

This NEC monitor was in storage from new along with several others for
years, I've had this one for about a year, tube is like new. Shame to have
chuck it for the sake of a disc capacitor ...if that's all that's wrong !!

....any pointers, or referral to a good monitor repair technician
appreciated.

regards, Richard