Junior Member

Default Toshiba CF36H50 - Module H002

Having an extremely hard time finding a part number for a module for a Toshiba CF36H50. I am too cheap to go to an authorized dealer (plus they are at least 2 hours away and from what I can tell it will cost me $200 just to get it looked at). The tv is probably only worth about $100.

Basically the tv goes into some sort of screen test mode. Rotates different screen resolutions/formats/colors.

However, in service mode the tv works fine (other than no sound). I run the self diagnostic it shows the following info:

Part No: 23906358
Power: 000
Bus Line: NG
Bus Cont: NG H002
Block: UV V1 QV01 QV01S

By no means am I a repair expert but I assume the Part No. is the IC chip it is running the diagnostic on and the H002 is the module indicating a fault. Problem is that H002 is only mentioned in the service mode adjustment section - it is not listed in the parts list section - nor is it on any of the board diagrams. I also cannot find the label on the board visually (I can find H001 - the tuner - but not H002). I can find the part number for other Toshiba models but not the CF36H50 - the parts distributors tell me it is probably different.

Can anyone help me on what this part might look like (so I can identify it on the main board and get the part number off it) or know of a way to determine the part number? I have contacted Toshiba and they of course were no help.

I really don't want to trash the tv since it still accepts inputs and still works in service mode.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Have you tried turning of the dealer demo mode using the remote control
that came with the tv set yet?

Junior Member

I haven't tried that - may work depending if the sound works (it didn't in service mode). Is there a standard key combo on the remote to enter "dealer demo" mode? or is it manufacturer specific? I searched around google and these forums and didn't find anything specific for Toshiba - I assume it is not in the service manual.

John
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Shoreline Electronics

Is there a Demo mode listed in the customer menu?

--
==========================
Jeff Stielau

========================

"flood" wrote in message

[...]

Junior Member

I put it in demo mode from the customer menu - no go. In the service manual it mentions that H002 in relation to the Attenuator and the Stereo VCO. Any chance just adjusting these values could make a difference? Nothing I can screw up by adjusting these is there?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

That is a CF, H series Toshiba. I recall a bad 1000uf Samsung
capacitor off a scan derived pwoer supply causing that same problem a
long time ago. Toshiba tech support had the information as they got a
hold of a bad batch of them. Check all your main Vcc voltages that are
derived off the 12v scan derived line.

Junior Member

I am not enough of a repairman to check voltages - if it comes down to that I will just have to trash the tv. But it seems in the service manual - there are two different chassis N7S and N8ES - however only one is valid for this tv (N8ES) - seems the H002 is mentioned in the N7S chassis but not the N8ES. From what I can tell the equivalent is likely QG01 in the A/V block. There are two 2.2uF capacitors in this line that may be suspect. I assume I can use a multimeter to see if resistance builds to infinity(or a high value)?