flood flood is offline
Junior Member

Default Toshiba CF36H50 - Module H002

Having an extremely hard time finding a part number for a module for a Toshiba CF36H50. I am too cheap to go to an authorized dealer (plus they are at least 2 hours away and from what I can tell it will cost me $200 just to get it looked at). The tv is probably only worth about $100.

Basically the tv goes into some sort of screen test mode. Rotates different screen resolutions/formats/colors.

However, in service mode the tv works fine (other than no sound). I run the self diagnostic it shows the following info:

Part No: 23906358
Power: 000
Bus Line: NG
Bus Cont: NG H002
Block: UV V1 QV01 QV01S

By no means am I a repair expert but I assume the Part No. is the IC chip it is running the diagnostic on and the H002 is the module indicating a fault. Problem is that H002 is only mentioned in the service mode adjustment section - it is not listed in the parts list section - nor is it on any of the board diagrams. I also cannot find the label on the board visually (I can find H001 - the tuner - but not H002). I can find the part number for other Toshiba models but not the CF36H50 - the parts distributors tell me it is probably different.

Can anyone help me on what this part might look like (so I can identify it on the main board and get the part number off it) or know of a way to determine the part number? I have contacted Toshiba and they of course were no help.

I really don't want to trash the tv since it still accepts inputs and still works in service mode.

Thanks for any help you can provide.