Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jason D.

Default Bad or good Lamp lnverter board for NEC LCD1830 wanted.

Repairing this LCD unit with bad inverter board, just fixed the main
power supply with three capacitors, now working then find out inverter
is also bad.

The part p/n on the board is: ALPS UHP061104, two transformers are
same, transformer markings is 0053 1516S

Every inverter board I seen always had one bad HV transformer, shuts
down in 1/2 of a second, see lamps lit up momentily every time power
is applied.

All I need is either bad to obtain good HV transformer or good board.

Thanks & Cheers, Wizard
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Are you sure it is a bad transformer ?
I never have had one with a bad transformer. It is usually
the capacitor across the primary winding that becomes
leaky and causes the inverter to shut down.
I have had some with bad FET's that drive the
transformer. I even substitued transistors in the TO-92
case for the SMD ones with good results.
Have anice day...
John