Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Can I use 230V~50/60Hz/640W German Anex toaster in Canada?

Can I use 230V~50/60Hz/640W German Anex toaster in Canada?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

wrote in message
ups.com...
Can I use 230V~50/60Hz/640W German Anex toaster in Canada?

If you can find a 230V outlet! From a standard outlet, no, not without a
hefty voltage converter.

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jack

"Dave D" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
Can I use 230V~50/60Hz/640W German Anex toaster in Canada?

If you can find a 230V outlet! From a standard outlet, no, not without a
hefty voltage converter.

Dave

In north America the 220/230V is 3-phase!

You can buy 10 toasters over there for the cost of a transformer.

JMK

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I like this German Toaster/Sandwichmaker as I had used in two
countries.I bought a toaster from Wall Mart,which is so light,it
stopped working 2nd day.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Shuman

If you really must have this then, an alternative to the expensive 230VAC
transformer is to install a standard North American 240VAC service and
re-wire the toaster's AC plug. Obviously this will be expensive if you have
it done by an electrician, but if you can do the work yourself would be just
the cost of the materials.

Bob

wrote in message
oups.com...
I like this German Toaster/Sandwichmaker as I had used in two
countries.I bought a toaster from Wall Mart,which is so light,it
stopped working 2nd day.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
CRaSH

Jack wrote:
"Dave D" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
Can I use 230V~50/60Hz/640W German Anex toaster in Canada?

If you can find a 230V outlet! From a standard outlet, no, not
without a hefty voltage converter.

Dave

In north America the 220/230V is 3-phase!

Ahhh, no. Your home 220 is single phase. It's been a few decades since
I've even thought about this, but I seem to recall that about the only time
you'll see 3 phase is in industrial applications off a delta-Y
transformer..... But, I've been wrong before, no reason to stop now..
d:-))

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser

"Bob Shuman" writes:

If you really must have this then, an alternative to the expensive 230VAC
transformer is to install a standard North American 240VAC service and
re-wire the toaster's AC plug. Obviously this will be expensive if you have
it done by an electrician, but if you can do the work yourself would be just
the cost of the materials.

Or, don't mind having your toast near the electric dryer.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Loblaw

You can, but it will take twice as long to make toast. :-)

wrote in message
ups.com...
Can I use 230V~50/60Hz/640W German Anex toaster in Canada?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Shuman

2x or 4x?

"Bob Loblaw" wrote in message
You can, but it will take twice as long to make toast. :-)

wrote in message
ups.com...
Can I use 230V~50/60Hz/640W German Anex toaster in Canada?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andrew Rossmann wrote:
But is the 230V in Europe relative to a neutral? In the US/Canada,
240V is typically two 120V lines 180 deg. out of phase with each other.
There could be safety issues if the toaster has some sort of polarized
plug and assumes one line is a near-ground neutral.

In the UK all standard plugs are polarised. And neutral is at ground
potential. But you'd not allow any equipment that relied on neutral being
the same as earth these days - too risky.

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

So,in brief I can't use it as stand alone.Khalas I will leave her back
home.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Erich J. Schultheis, The Man with the 15 inch Cock

Yes, altogh your it might not toast your bread just warm it up.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

In north America the 220/230V is 3-phase!

You can buy 10 toasters over there for the cost of a transformer.

JMK

Huh? I wish!

You'll find 3 phase in large commercial or industrial buildings but it's
*extremely* rare to have 3 phase in a residence.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Now,I get to know the difference b/w Germans and Americans

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
wrote:
Now,I get to know the difference b/w Germans and Americans

Pretty well all of Europe uses 230v 50Hz.

--
*El nino made me do it

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I like German/Italian/Japani Products as we have China factor in
US/Canada.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Pretty well all of Europe uses 230v 50Hz.

Just to explain that, the U.K. used 240 volts, continental Europe used
220 volts. Israel as a compromis used 230 volts so that both 220 volt
and 240 volt appliances would work here. All used 50 Hz.

As part of the unification program of the E.U., the U.K. went down to
230 volts and continental Europe went up to 230 volts.

This allows everyone's old appliances to work properly while creating
a standard.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
The trouble with being a futurist is that when people get around to believing
you, it's too late. We lost. Google 2,000,000:Hams 0.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
As part of the unification program of the E.U., the U.K. went down to
230 volts and continental Europe went up to 230 volts.

Well, the UK didn't actually change - I'm looking at 242v this minute.
It's just the allowed tolerance that changed. Dunno about the rest of
Europe.

--
*I don't have a solution, but I admire your problem. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Well, the UK didn't actually change - I'm looking at 242v this minute.
It's just the allowed tolerance that changed. Dunno about the rest of
Europe.

A friend of mine in the UK had a webcam on a voltage monitor for a while
and I was shocked at how much it varies. I saw anywhere from 223V to
248V depending on when I looked.

Here I've monitored mine periodically and rarely seen anything below
118V or above 120V, though it will sometimes dip down to 117V if both
the hot tub is heating and the heat pump heating the house is running.
Seems like a much tighter tolerance.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser

"Jack" writes:

"Dave D" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
Can I use 230V~50/60Hz/640W German Anex toaster in Canada?

If you can find a 230V outlet! From a standard outlet, no, not without a
hefty voltage converter.

Dave

In north America the 220/230V is 3-phase!

Not residential.