Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default Can I use 230V~50/60Hz/640W German Anex toaster in Canada?

Well, the UK didn't actually change - I'm looking at 242v this minute.
It's just the allowed tolerance that changed. Dunno about the rest of
Europe.

A friend of mine in the UK had a webcam on a voltage monitor for a while
and I was shocked at how much it varies. I saw anywhere from 223V to
248V depending on when I looked.

Here I've monitored mine periodically and rarely seen anything below
118V or above 120V, though it will sometimes dip down to 117V if both
the hot tub is heating and the heat pump heating the house is running.
Seems like a much tighter tolerance.