Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default HELP - TV Repair Guys

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 21:10:15 -0800, cover
wrote:

We have a big screen TV that has suddenly gone on the fritz a couple
of days ago.

It plays fine on channels 6 & 7 out of all available cable channels,
the picture is there and looks fine except for those two channels, a
'snowy' sound exists on anything but channel 6 or 7.

It even is this way when playing back tapes or DVDs through our player
when on channel 3, etc..

Does this sound familiar to anyone? My wife indicated today that on
one occasion, one of the channels was playing pretty clear albeit in
spanish with the commercials coming through in english. Weird as
heck.

Seems like a cable issue although the fact that we can't place the TV
onto channel 3 and play VCR movies or DVDs okay seems suspiciously
like a television problem.

Any ideas?.

Does the TV have any inputs other than the cable, and if so what
happens when you try playing the VCR thru those inputs?