Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Preventing TV standby mode

I have a Jensen flatscreen TV set (model Q2049J) and have connected its
power cord to my cable box so that the TV gets turned on/off at the
same time as my cable box. The problem is that whenever the TV comes
on, it is in "standby" mode (indicated by a red light, instead of a
green one) and requires me to press the power button to watch TV. How
can I set it up so that it does not revert to "standby" mode every time
I turn it on? I want to only have to press 1 button (the cable power)
to turn it all on.

The TV manual doesn't address this and I don't see an option for it in
the menus.

Thanks,
Greg

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

You cannot.
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Jensen flatscreen TV set (model Q2049J) and have connected its
power cord to my cable box so that the TV gets turned on/off at the
same time as my cable box. The problem is that whenever the TV comes
on, it is in "standby" mode (indicated by a red light, instead of a
green one) and requires me to press the power button to watch TV. How
can I set it up so that it does not revert to "standby" mode every time
I turn it on? I want to only have to press 1 button (the cable power)
to turn it all on.

You cannot

The TV manual doesn't address this and I don't see an option for it in
the menus.

Thanks,
Greg

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I just found out Jensen TVs are made by Audiovox. They sure don't make
themselves easy to find on the web under the name "Jensen". Not very
customer-friendly.

Thanks for the responses.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dom

As previously suggested get a remote control with a macro function.

Other ways of doing this would be to get a learning remote control, butcher
it for its innards and program a button to to turn on the TV.

Make a simple single shot trigger which triggers when the power is turned on
to the set and use this to "press" the button on the remote hence turning on
the television as soon as the power is applied.

oups.com...