Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Preventing TV standby mode

On 2 Jan 2006 10:19:44 -0800, wrote:

I have a Jensen flatscreen TV set (model Q2049J) and have connected its
power cord to my cable box so that the TV gets turned on/off at the
same time as my cable box. The problem is that whenever the TV comes
on, it is in "standby" mode (indicated by a red light, instead of a
green one) and requires me to press the power button to watch TV. How
can I set it up so that it does not revert to "standby" mode every time
I turn it on? I want to only have to press 1 button (the cable power)
to turn it all on.

The TV manual doesn't address this and I don't see an option for it in
the menus.

Thanks,
Greg

Use a remote control that can be programmed with "macros".