Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sanyo TV with washed out colours

Just looking for some hints as to where to start with my little
problem. I have a sanyo CE28WP4 - B widescreen TV. About a week ago
my stepson went to plug his Xbox in via the scart socket and ever since
then the colour has been really washed out.

The TV picture also stutters and half turns itself off whenever it is
getting anything through either the scart sockets or composite video.
I have tried the tv with several freeview boxes and DVD players and the
same thing happens each time.

Also the TV setting menu's are appearing almost transparent where as
they were totally solid before.

I've had a look inside to see if he had maybe dislodged anything when
he was tugging at the scart leads and all i noticed was a lot of dust,
i cleaned it all out but when i switched it back on the colour seemed
worse.

I bought the TV second hand and didn't pay that much for it so i'd like
to know if it's going to be an easy and cheap repair or if i should cut
my losses and buy another TV.

Is it likely to be a problem with one of the boards or the CRT that's
shot and is there anything i can do to determine where the problem my
lie.

Many thanks

Sanyo 3 changer mechanism ... Arfa Daily Electronics Repair 0 December 21st 05 02:04 AM
Harmonised wiring colours Aldrich UK diy 3 December 27th 04 08:41 AM
Part P - new cable colours CRB UK diy 50 November 30th 04 11:13 PM
SANYO LCD projector - repair question Servis za elektroniku ? Electronics Repair 3 October 9th 04 01:41 PM
Sanyo belts Sofie Electronics Repair 1 July 18th 03 05:13 PM