Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Tarver

Default Sony projector VPL-CS2 - does it work with XP?

Hi,

I have a Sony projector VPL-CS2 circa 2001 & I
want to use in with my XP Windows machine to
project home movies. But oddly, it will not show
any moving images from Windows multimedia or
my other film player; though it will project everything
else on the screen (icons, wallpaper etc). Does
anybody know why this is and how to fix it?

Mark

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I have a Sony projector VPL-CS2 circa 2001 & I
want to use in with my XP Windows machine to
project home movies. But oddly, it will not show
any moving images from Windows multimedia or
my other film player; though it will project everything
else on the screen (icons, wallpaper etc). Does
anybody know why this is and how to fix it?

Mark

Depends on how it's all configured.

Go to Start Control Panel Display Settings tab select the monitor
put a tick in "Use this device as the primary monitor". If that doesn't fix
it, let us know what the other settings in that window are - for example,
does the projector show up as a separate monitor?

Your computer can have many monitors (or TVs or projectors) working at the
same time, but the overlay function most media players use to put a smoothed
accelerated image on the screen is normally only available on the monitor
set as primary.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert

h wrote:
[...]

Usually you can get the projected image (or any second monitor) to
display the movie by going into Control PanelPerformance tabGraphics
and setting the Hardware Acceleration to 'none'.

jak