Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Anon Ymous

Default Toshiba CX2780 TV with video problems

I have a Toshiba CX2780 TV with video problems. On start up the display
is very streatched vertically. As it warms up over 15 minutes the top
half of the display returns to normal but the bottom stays streatched as
if it is skipping scan lines. I replaced C308, C330, C311, C645, and
C646 on a blind shot with no change. Any help is greatfully appreciated.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

What you described is not a video problem, but a vertical malfunction.
Why do a blind shot parts replacement, do some troubleshooting and find
the problem, google groups has lots of information. Learn how to do a
search and many times there will be an answer already available.

Feel free to check out the repair faq at www.repairfaq.org for some
important information, especially the safety information and some basic
troubleshooting information.

BTW it is important to use the correct type of capacitors in certain
critical circuits. C308,301,305 in the Toshiba come to mind, along
with c622,640,641,822 in many older models.

I have a Toshiba CX2780 TV with video problems. On start up the display
is very streatched vertically. As it warms up over 15 minutes the top
half of the display returns to normal but the bottom stays streatched as
if it is skipping scan lines. I replaced C308, C330, C311, C645, and
C646 on a blind shot with no change. Any help is greatfully appreciated.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Doug

Check for a C602 by the large IC , I think its redish color, small cap.
Its been a while since I work on this so I dont know the exact value
maybe 2.2 to 10 mfd,

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Anon Ymous

Doug,

I couldn't find C602 but changed C305 and C342 and the set is fixed!
Thank you very much for sharing your expertise. It is people like you
who make these news groups worthwhile and I hope others appreciate your
help as much as I do.

Tom