Posted to sci.electronics.repair
computer

Default clear reading from a motherboard

I do not understand why I could NOT get a clear reading from a regulator

but the rest of the regulators have clear voltage reading in a IWILL
motherboard.

I was sucspect the regulator was faulty and in fact it is not. the sound is
causing the hanging of the xp system.

the clear reading is 4.09 voltage. unclear reading, the voltage readings
flow from nnn mV...etc and did not stop .

do u have any ideas ?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael A. Terrell

computer wrote:

I do not understand why I could NOT get a clear reading from a regulator

but the rest of the regulators have clear voltage reading in a IWILL
motherboard.

I was sucspect the regulator was faulty and in fact it is not. the sound is
causing the hanging of the xp system.

the clear reading is 4.09 voltage. unclear reading, the voltage readings
flow from nnn mV...etc and did not stop .

do u have any ideas ?

Bad electrolytics? A high ESR will make the regulator unstable.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

"computer" wrote in message ...
I do not understand why I could NOT get a clear reading from a regulator

but the rest of the regulators have clear voltage reading in a IWILL
motherboard.

I was sucspect the regulator was faulty and in fact it is not. the sound
is
causing the hanging of the xp system.

the clear reading is 4.09 voltage. unclear reading, the voltage readings
flow from nnn mV...etc and did not stop .

do u have any ideas ?

If you're reading straight from one of the legs of the regulator then you
will get an unstable reading- you're measuring a pulsed output from a
switching regulator. Try measuring across its filter capacitors instead. The
pulsed output from the regulator has to go through a toroidal choke and is
then filtered by capacitors to create stable DC.

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
computer

I have measuried across its filter capacitors instead.it still has funny
reading the motherboard was replaced by a brand new sound and the hanging
elminated and return to customer. It was testing and ran for 3 hour + with
record and later the report was shown it to customers with cpuspy. Then I
tested a dozen times. I am sure I get rid of the problem before I return to
customers.

they feel great.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

"computer" wrote in message ...
I have measuried across its filter capacitors instead.it still has funny
reading

Then, as another poster suggested, it's likely the capacitors are failing.
Have you tested across the capacitors with a scope?

Dave