Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Carsten Rudolph

Default Sony DCR-TR8100E Moisture Sensor defect (C:21 Error)?

Dear Newsgroup,

after some years of trouble free operation my Sony DCR-TR8100E Digital8
Camcorder now developed the annoying C:21 error. Of course there is NO
moisture anywhere in the camcorder or the room now for some weeks, so
the sensor must be dead. I'm fairly experienced in electronics, so i
want to replace (better yet: disable) it myself. Unfortunately here in
Germany Sony in its infinite wisdom wants me to send the Camcorder to
them. I can already imagine the bill... They will not provide me with a
service manual. Can anybody help ?

Thanks,

Carsten
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ray L. Volts

"Carsten Rudolph" wrote in message
Dear Newsgroup,

after some years of trouble free operation my Sony DCR-TR8100E Digital8
Camcorder now developed the annoying C:21 error. Of course there is NO
moisture anywhere in the camcorder or the room now for some weeks, so the
sensor must be dead. I'm fairly experienced in electronics, so i want to
replace (better yet: disable) it myself. Unfortunately here in Germany
Sony in its infinite wisdom wants me to send the Camcorder to them. I can
already imagine the bill... They will not provide me with a service
manual. Can anybody help ?

Thanks,

Carsten

If you can't find it for free: