Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Golf

Default Re-post Toshiba problem anyone?

Model #27A33. I didn't have this # last night. Anyhow, I managed to
inject a horizontal drive signal this time at the base of the driver
trans, not the HOT. High voltage came up, but only with a bright
horizontal line across the middle of the screen, about 2" shy from
reaching both edges of the screen. I can figure my way around to doing
the same with the vertical section to check, but I am coming to the
conclusion that either I ruined the video IC when I replaced it, or as
said before, I was sent the wrong IC. I did question this when I orderd

it because the pinout wasn't exactly the same - example - horizontal
out pin on replacement IC falls on a "no connection" spot on the
chassis. This is one of several. The distributors say this is what
Toshiba had as a replacement (not the original IC#). I am wondering,
have any of you professional repair folks come across this type of
problem before with replacement parts? The old IC # was M61283. The
replacement was M61283FP. The pinouts ARE NOT THE SAME. Thanks group.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G.

You forced the horizontal output stage to operate, and thus had HV and
H scan. The vertical deflection area is probably at fault, and thus the
H output is in a protection mode.

Trouble shoot for the cause, and change the failed components in the V
scan area, and if there are no other faults the set should be okay.

Jerry G.