Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Docrotcod

Default Tech:Sony Trinitron TV Shutoff

I have a 1995 Sony Trinitron 32" TV, model # KV-32S16.

The problem is the TV seems to work fine. After a few minutes the whole
entire TV shuts off. You have to unplug it for 10secs or so and then you
can plug it back in and it comes back on - wash, rinse, repeat.

Any ideas? TIA

Thomas

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Docrotcod

One more thing: Right before it shuts off the screen goes completely green.
At one point I turned it on and it was all green and then finally shut
itsself off again.

TIA

Thomas

"Docrotcod" wrote in message
I have a 1995 Sony Trinitron 32" TV, model # KV-32S16.

The problem is the TV seems to work fine. After a few minutes the whole
entire TV shuts off. You have to unplug it for 10secs or so and then you
can plug it back in and it comes back on - wash, rinse, repeat.

Any ideas? TIA

Thomas

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Common problem, bad picture tube.
Slim chance the intermittent short can be blasted out of the guns in
the tube by a proper crt rejuvinator short removal feature.
More likely it will need a new picture tube in order to permanently fix
the issue, not cost effective.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Docrotcod

Ok I sounds right. Tell me what you think of this please - I pulled the
neck board off and the TV stayed running (had high voltage, etc).... This
is definitely signs of a shorted/bad tube correct?

TIA

Thomas

wrote in message
ups.com...
Common problem, bad picture tube.
Slim chance the intermittent short can be blasted out of the guns in
the tube by a proper crt rejuvinator short removal feature.
More likely it will need a new picture tube in order to permanently fix
the issue, not cost effective.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jumpster Jiver

Tell me what you think of this please - I pulled the
neck board off and the TV stayed running (had high voltage, etc).... This
is definitely signs of a shorted/bad tube correct?

yep

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chuck

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:01:46 -0600, "Docrotcod"
wrote:

I have a 1995 Sony Trinitron 32" TV, model # KV-32S16.

The problem is the TV seems to work fine. After a few minutes the whole
entire TV shuts off. You have to unplug it for 10secs or so and then you
can plug it back in and it comes back on - wash, rinse, repeat.

Any ideas? TIA

Thomas
I've repaired quite a few of these using a crt filament isolator available from MCM and other distributors. Chuck