Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default JVC HR-VP473U VCR Won't turn on but has power

I have a JVC HR-VP473U VCR that will not power on. The display works
and when I plug it in, it shows the "auto" message and then the
display lights up as in the power off mode but the unit will not power
on when I press the power button. There is a tape in the unit and the
eject button won't eject it either. Any suggestions on what to try.
It's an older unit and I can probably just replace it, but thought I'd
post here first in case someone has a suggestion for an easy fix.
Thanks.