Peter Hill

Default Toshiba TV 218D9B.

Picture has black stripes across it, remaining picture stripes
brighter. Can collapase to a very bright band about 5mm high across
middle of screen - still has colour. Can recover full and good
picture when beaten in just the right way.

As it responds to "tap test" I assume a dry joint. Not had it open
yet. Where should I start to look? Component ID numbers on circuit
board would be nice.

Yes I have been shown how to and will discharge the tube. Any caps I
should clamp?
--
Peter Hill
Spamtrap reply domain as per NNTP-Posting-Host in header
kip

"Peter Hill" wrote in message
Picture has black stripes across it, remaining picture stripes
brighter. Can collapase to a very bright band about 5mm high across
middle of screen - still has colour. Can recover full and good
picture when beaten in just the right way.

As it responds to "tap test" I assume a dry joint.

Look on the printed circuit board with a Mag Glass.

kip

Not had it open
yet. Where should I start to look? Component ID numbers on circuit
board would be nice.

Yes I have been shown how to and will discharge the tube. Any caps I
should clamp?
--
Peter Hill
Spamtrap reply domain as per NNTP-Posting-Host in header
Can of worms - what every fisherman wants.
Can of worms - what every PC owner gets!

JANA

By the way you are asking, you should give the set out to a service shop for
repairs. You may not be safe to do this yourself.

By the way you are describing things, there are most likely some cold solder
connections inside. The only way to find them, is to troubleshoot the set
for them.

--

JANA
_____