kip

Default Toshiba TV 218D9B.

"Peter Hill" wrote in message
Picture has black stripes across it, remaining picture stripes
brighter. Can collapase to a very bright band about 5mm high across
middle of screen - still has colour. Can recover full and good
picture when beaten in just the right way.

As it responds to "tap test" I assume a dry joint.

Look on the printed circuit board with a Mag Glass.

kip

Not had it open
yet. Where should I start to look? Component ID numbers on circuit
board would be nice.

Yes I have been shown how to and will discharge the tube. Any caps I
should clamp?
--
Peter Hill
Spamtrap reply domain as per NNTP-Posting-Host in header