Jason D.

Default Got a western version of KV-XR29M50 with blown HOT.

Dual voltage input (120V-240V automatic) type. Seems fusible
resistors are not blown, fuse good. Note that horizontal transistor
is shorted. Horizontal transformer driver solder is good. This is
one of those units using no-lead solder.

Anyone who is famillar with this chassis (SCC-U98C-A) speak up for any
reasons that cause HOT to fail? I did "must haves" checks on damper
cap & diode circuits and both are good. Yet to check the flyback
transformer with tester. Anything else?

If you have the schematic, I need sony part numbers for HOT and fly so
I can get prices.

By the way, unit seems not to wake up at all ( no LED because shorted
HOT is still in circuit.) I'll take the HOT out and power it up again
to confirm.

Cheers, Wizard