Sam Goldwasser

Default Source for Intermatic plastic pinion gears

You know those tiny inserts in timers and clocks that crumble after time.
They are the plastic pinion gear that fits into the magnetic rotor of
the common Intermatic timing motors.

Does anyone have a source for just these pieces? I have several
appliances that are either inoperative or from which I've been
"borrowing" these pieces to fix others.

A typical motor part number is WG-1420-1.

Thanks.

--- sam
N Cook

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
You know those tiny inserts in timers and clocks that crumble after time.
They are the plastic pinion gear that fits into the magnetic rotor of
the common Intermatic timing motors.

Does anyone have a source for just these pieces? I have several
appliances that are either inoperative or from which I've been
"borrowing" these pieces to fix others.

A typical motor part number is WG-1420-1.

Thanks.

--- sam

Do they have to be plastic for noise or vibration reasons ?
I ended up with a load of clock repairers spare pinions , but all are brass
or steel or combination of both.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Sam Goldwasser

"N Cook" writes:

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
You know those tiny inserts in timers and clocks that crumble after time.
They are the plastic pinion gear that fits into the magnetic rotor of
the common Intermatic timing motors.

Does anyone have a source for just these pieces? I have several
appliances that are either inoperative or from which I've been
"borrowing" these pieces to fix others.

A typical motor part number is WG-1420-1.

Thanks.

--- sam

Do they have to be plastic for noise or vibration reasons ?
I ended up with a load of clock repairers spare pinions , but all are brass
or steel or combination of both.

The material probably doesn't matter but the specific part I'm referring
to actually fits into a mating recepticle - it isn't a gear that goes on
a shaft.

Sam Goldwasser

Mike Berger writes:

I've had some luck finding replacement parts like that by digging
through the servo spares box at the local RC model hobby shop.

Thanks but these are not normal pinion gears. They fit a socket on the
magnetized rotor with a specific shape. So, either an exact replacement
is needed or the entire rotor needs to be replaced.

Yes, possibly something could be modified, but that kind of defeats the
purpose of just being able to drop in a replacement for a 5 cent part.

Sam Goldwasser wrote:
You know those tiny inserts in timers and clocks that crumble after time.
They are the plastic pinion gear that fits into the magnetic rotor of
the common Intermatic timing motors.
Does anyone have a source for just these pieces? I have several
appliances that are either inoperative or from which I've been
"borrowing" these pieces to fix others.
A typical motor part number is WG-1420-1.
Thanks.
--- sam

spudnuty

Sam,
This guy supplies gear kits that he says will repair the "(Intermatic
WG-1420, WG-1420-2 and WG-1420-3) and also the european Intermatic
WG-5094". $15 for the armature and idler gear. Here's the URL for a
picture of the gears:

http://www.stuartsinger.com/Ball%20C...Pics/Gears.jpg

and the main page:

http://www.stuartsinger.com/ballcloc...ome%20Assembly

Those ball clocks look cool I might have to buy one.

Richard