operator jay

Default Pulling large wire in conduit

"DaveC" wrote in message
news.net...
Four AWG #1 conductors in 2-1/2 inch EMT. 50 ft of conduit, four 90 deg.
elbows.

Is this combination reasonable to pull with some lubricant? Or should I

plan
some "pull boxes" in this run?

Thanks,

DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

I've never pulled wire. The only two knowledgeable people I ever heard
speak about it both said to do a pull in the middle of a straight section,
not at a ninety.

FWIW.

Jim Adney

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:32:23 -0500 "operator jay"
wrote:

I've never pulled wire. The only two knowledgeable people I ever heard
speak about it both said to do a pull in the middle of a straight section,
not at a ninety.

That sounds quite odd. The corners are what will give you all the
friction, so they make special pull boxes, sort of an L-shaped cast
box with a long removable cover that allow you to pull the wire out
there and reinsert it for the next straight run.

Unless one of your straight runs was extremely long, I would not
expect to have to install a pull box in the middle of a run.

# 1 wire is not all that big. This does not sound that hard.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA