**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Default Question about audio files

If I record an audio file such as .wma or .wav are there any identifying
data to indicate authorship or the type or serial number of the device
which created it?

The source would be from an analog recording, with no copyright issues.

Alex Bird

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:
If I record an audio file such as .wma or .wav are there any identifying
data to indicate authorship or the type or serial number of the device
which created it?

Commonly the software which created it is included in the header of a
wav file, and possibly the registered user, I don't know what else,
never actually poked through one...

Alex

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:
If I record an audio file such as .wma or .wav are there any identifying
data to indicate authorship or the type or serial number of the device
which created it?

..wav - maybe. See http://www.borg.com/~jglatt/tech/wave.htm .
..wmv - likely. I wouldn't be surprised if WMV files have your SSN in
them. See http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/f...dd000091.shtml .

Matt Roberds