DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Question about audio files (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/125326-question-about-audio-files.html)

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** October 18th 05 04:54 AM

Question about audio files

If I record an audio file such as .wma or .wav are there any identifying
data to indicate authorship or the type or serial number of the device
which created it?

The source would be from an analog recording, with no copyright issues.

Alex Bird October 18th 05 10:06 AM

Question about audio files

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:
If I record an audio file such as .wma or .wav are there any identifying
data to indicate authorship or the type or serial number of the device
which created it?

Commonly the software which created it is included in the header of a
wav file, and possibly the registered user, I don't know what else,
never actually poked through one...

Alex

[email protected] October 19th 05 11:41 AM

Question about audio files

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:
If I record an audio file such as .wma or .wav are there any identifying
data to indicate authorship or the type or serial number of the device
which created it?

..wav - maybe. See http://www.borg.com/~jglatt/tech/wave.htm .
..wmv - likely. I wouldn't be surprised if WMV files have your SSN in
them. See http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/f...dd000091.shtml .

Matt Roberds