NN

Default took out vcr from tv and it stays on for a few seconds now

I have a Magnavox tv combo and it was stuck in blue screen mode with a
stuck tape. Took the tape out and still blue screen. I have no
remote. So I tore out the whole vcr unit and unplugged the connectors.
No tv period. So I took some on the vcr units small circuit boards
and reattached them and still nothing. Then I took out a mull-ti
switch from the vcr ( two round plate for contact) and reattached it.
dialing some settings let me have the tv back working very good but
only for a few seconds? what needs to be done to fake the tv into
thinking that the vcr unit is still there? Or simply get the tv to
stay on?

NN wrote:
I have a Magnavox tv combo and it was stuck in blue screen mode with a
stuck tape. Took the tape out and still blue screen. I have no
remote. So I tore out the whole vcr unit and unplugged the connectors.
No tv period. So I took some on the vcr units small circuit boards
and reattached them and still nothing. Then I took out a mull-ti
switch from the vcr ( two round plate for contact) and reattached it.
dialing some settings let me have the tv back working very good but
only for a few seconds? what needs to be done to fake the tv into
thinking that the vcr unit is still there? Or simply get the tv to
stay on?

The VCR must be present and functional in order for the tv to work in
those. The tv system control also runs the vcr system. The tv set
system control needs to get the all ok from the vcr controller or it
will not stay turned on. Usually the vcr mechanism gets out of line,
the tape in sensors go bad, or the mode switch goes bad.

There is no simple way to fake the tv into staying on.

David

NN

Thanks for saving me from hoping for something that will end up in
grief. As you said, the units are integrated as there were so many
connectors left free. I should have taken a step by step approach as
opposed to taking out whole parts.

James Sweet

"NN" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for saving me from hoping for something that will end up in
grief. As you said, the units are integrated as there were so many
connectors left free. I should have taken a step by step approach as
opposed to taking out whole parts.

Those units are pretty much junk, you might have luck fixing the VCR, I've
fixed several of them, otherwise take the whole thing to the recycler and
buy separates next time.

NN

I agree they are just but it was a freebee that lasted a half year. I
assume you are referring to tv combos as a whole, not just magnivox
brand. I only though salvaging the tv would be nice because of the rca
in-puts but any used vcr can be a rca input for other older tv,s.

James Sweet

"NN" wrote in message
oups.com...
I agree they are just but it was a freebee that lasted a half year. I
assume you are referring to tv combos as a whole, not just magnivox
brand. I only though salvaging the tv would be nice because of the rca
in-puts but any used vcr can be a rca input for other older tv,s.

I'm referring to combo units as a whole, there's only a few companies that
make them, then everyone else slaps their name on them. You could still try
to fix the VCR, it's what I'd do if it were mine.

Bill S.

In article g5z4f.5664$2Y2.5153@trnddc05,
says...
Those units are pretty much junk

One man's junk is another man's job security...

NN

Yes the combo tv seem to look the same with different names and colors,
no wonder it is hard to find the universal remote codes that works with
them.

James Sweet

"NN" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes the combo tv seem to look the same with different names and colors,
no wonder it is hard to find the universal remote codes that works with
them.

Shouldn't be too hard, just try Funai, Symphonic and other cheap brands,
chances are you'll find the one.

NN

Name brands seem to stamp their names on junk these days. I also have
another combo that is the same as this magnovox but it is white plastic
with a brand name "Phillips" but phillips codes will not work nor
listed under combos.