NN

Default took out vcr from tv and it stays on for a few seconds now

I have a Magnavox tv combo and it was stuck in blue screen mode with a
stuck tape. Took the tape out and still blue screen. I have no
remote. So I tore out the whole vcr unit and unplugged the connectors.
No tv period. So I took some on the vcr units small circuit boards
and reattached them and still nothing. Then I took out a mull-ti
switch from the vcr ( two round plate for contact) and reattached it.
dialing some settings let me have the tv back working very good but
only for a few seconds? what needs to be done to fake the tv into
thinking that the vcr unit is still there? Or simply get the tv to
stay on?