Chupo

Default Car radio failure? (very strange)

Hi everyone,

since a few days ago I cannot listen to any of the FM stations. Here is
what I could notice:

-MW & LW are OK

- FM sometimes works, but not for a long time (10 sec - few minutes)

- just before loosing an FM station, there is a time period of about 10
sec during which 'input level indicator' slowly arises towards the
maximum and in the same time the station fades out - afterwards, there
is only a silence

- after the station fades out: if I use a preset FM station, there is a
'full signal' indicator on the LCD, but if I try 'search', searching
starts and it searches for the infinite time (going all around through
all FM scale)

- if I am listening to a MW or a LW for a certain time period: then FM
is OK, but only for a certain time period

- longer the time period of listening to a MW or a LW station is,
longer I can use FM mode (no joke :-) ) before it fades out as
described before

I have checked the antenna and other junctions. Does anyone know where
could the problem be? Could it be a capacitor (the fading pattern makes
me think something is slowly charging, something like an RC node). Or
maybe a PLL module? Just guessing.

ps
Sorry about my English

Thank you,

--
Chupo
James Sweet

"Chupo" wrote in message
[...]

You'll have to post the brand and model number of the radio before anyone
can help you.

Chupo

In article 8GG2f.6793$at1.5429@trnddc05, James Sweet
says...
You'll have to post the brand and model number of the radio before anyone
can help you.

Sorry, I've completely forgotten about the brand. It is a car cass
radio supplied with Opel Vectra 1992. There are three notes on the
front panel: 'Opel', 'Philips' & '684'. Unfortunately, I am not in a
position to check the labels on the inside right at the moment. Since I
am not at home, I cannot check the manual for the exact data but I
shall try to reach the information as soon as possible.

Thanks for answering me,

Best regards,

--
Chupo

Very Strange CD-RW Failure Adam Aglionby Electronics Repair 3 August 1st 04 10:01 PM
Chrysler Radio 1996 Dodge Stratus (Chrysler Sirrus?) Pinout question with GMC S15 Truck None Electronics Repair 4 July 3rd 04 11:29 PM
Broken Radio JW Electronics Repair 3 May 31st 04 01:05 PM
Recurrent Keyboard Failure on GE clock radio mike Electronics Repair 3 October 16th 03 11:26 PM
Mobile VHF radio problem Bob Engelhardt Electronics Repair 4 July 17th 03 05:43 AM