James Sweet

Default Car radio failure? (very strange)

"Chupo" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

since a few days ago I cannot listen to any of the FM stations. Here is
what I could notice:

-MW & LW are OK

- FM sometimes works, but not for a long time (10 sec - few minutes)

- just before loosing an FM station, there is a time period of about 10
sec during which 'input level indicator' slowly arises towards the
maximum and in the same time the station fades out - afterwards, there
is only a silence

- after the station fades out: if I use a preset FM station, there is a
'full signal' indicator on the LCD, but if I try 'search', searching
starts and it searches for the infinite time (going all around through
all FM scale)

- if I am listening to a MW or a LW for a certain time period: then FM
is OK, but only for a certain time period

- longer the time period of listening to a MW or a LW station is,
longer I can use FM mode (no joke :-) ) before it fades out as
described before

I have checked the antenna and other junctions. Does anyone know where
could the problem be? Could it be a capacitor (the fading pattern makes
me think something is slowly charging, something like an RC node). Or
maybe a PLL module? Just guessing.

ps
Sorry about my English

Thank you,

--
Chupo

You'll have to post the brand and model number of the radio before anyone
can help you.