fred

Default Trying to find part for set top box

Hi, I'm in Australia and am trying to locate a supplier for a part to
make repairs to a set top box.

The part I need is the RF loop-through/tuner component. It is made by
Partsnic, the part number PDHTF05DA.

The box is a DSE brand and has model number G1955.

Does anyone know who the Australian supplier for this part is or a
compatible substitute?

Thanks
The Family

Is this a warranty repair situation?

If so, DSE services its warranty claims by simply swapping your box for a
new one - provided the warranty is still valid (ie you have paperwork to
prove the box is 12 months old AND provided the box hasn't been
misused/wrecked/tampered with.)

"fred" wrote in message
Hi, I'm in Australia and am trying to locate a supplier for a part to make
repairs to a set top box.

The part I need is the RF loop-through/tuner component. It is made by
Partsnic, the part number PDHTF05DA.

The box is a DSE brand and has model number G1955.

Does anyone know who the Australian supplier for this part is or a
compatible substitute?

Thanks

fred

hello

The Family wrote:
Is this a warranty repair situation?

It should have been, only they've lost their receipt.

"fred" wrote in message

Hi, I'm in Australia and am trying to locate a supplier for a part to make
repairs to a set top box.

The part I need is the RF loop-through/tuner component. It is made by
Partsnic, the part number PDHTF05DA.

The box is a DSE brand and has model number G1955.

Does anyone know who the Australian supplier for this part is or a
compatible substitute?

Thanks

Justin

"fred" wrote in message
Hi, I'm in Australia and am trying to locate a supplier for a part to make
repairs to a set top box.

The part I need is the RF loop-through/tuner component. It is made by
Partsnic, the part number PDHTF05DA.

The box is a DSE brand and has model number G1955.

Does anyone know who the Australian supplier for this part is or a
compatible substitute?

Why don't you find out who does DSE's warranty repairs & approach them
directly? I wouldn't be considering a substitute as I'm pretty sure the
software in the box would be pretty specific.

The Captain

"fred" wrote in message
hello

The Family wrote:
Is this a warranty repair situation?

It should have been, only they've lost their receipt.

Shouldnt matter. If you go back to the store where the item was purchased,
they can do a search for it so long as you have a fairly reliable
approximate date. Also, if it was purchased via credit card or EftPos then
you/they would have the transaction listed on a statement, and this,
combined with an in-store search, should still get the warranty service
needed.

The Family

"Justin" wrote in message
u...

"fred" wrote in message
Hi, I'm in Australia and am trying to locate a supplier for a part to
make repairs to a set top box.

The part I need is the RF loop-through/tuner component. It is made by
Partsnic, the part number PDHTF05DA.

The box is a DSE brand and has model number G1955.

Does anyone know who the Australian supplier for this part is or a
compatible substitute?

Why don't you find out who does DSE's warranty repairs & approach them
directly? I wouldn't be considering a substitute as I'm pretty sure the
software in the box would be pretty specific.

DSE doesn't do warranty repairs for low-value products (ie value less than
about $500). To do so would probably cost more than the product value.

It services the warranty by simply swapping the faulty product for a new
one. Great for customers and makes choosing the el-cheapo DSE brand a
no-brainer over other no-name brands that don't carry the same
peace-of-mind. For example, try getting warranty service at Strathfield
after owning, say, an STB for a couple of months. It's likely to turn into
a saga. As a minimum, you'll be without the box for several weeks and it's
likely to be returned to you, unfixed.

(I understand that DSE notifies its supplier of the number of returns each
month and gets a refund - so the supplier wears most of the pain and that's
as it should be.)

Justin

"The Family" wrote in message
DSE doesn't do warranty repairs for low-value products (ie value less than
about $500). To do so would probably cost more than the product value.

It services the warranty by simply swapping the faulty product for a new
one. Great for customers and makes choosing the el-cheapo DSE brand a
no-brainer over other no-name brands that don't carry the same
peace-of-mind. For example, try getting warranty service at Strathfield
after owning, say, an STB for a couple of months. It's likely to turn
into a saga. As a minimum, you'll be without the box for several weeks
and it's likely to be returned to you, unfixed.

(I understand that DSE notifies its supplier of the number of returns each
month and gets a refund - so the supplier wears most of the pain and
that's as it should be.)

Woolworth's buying power hey?