Rachopickle

Default Emerson television (et1331e) won't turn on/hissing noise

Hi

I hope someone can help me...thanks in advance!

I'm a young woman without alot of experience in fixing things...so if
this is better left to a professional, please let me know. I'm pretty
intelligent and have great hand/eye co-ordination, so I'm hoping I can
do this myself...?

My 13" Emerson television worked fine last night. I turned it off
without any problem. I tried turning it on this morning, but the screen

stays dark and I hear a 'hissing' or 'clicking' noise for 2-3 seconds.

What should I do????

Thanks so much for any advice!

Racho

Max

Rachopickle wrote:
Hi

I hope someone can help me...thanks in advance!

I'm a young woman without alot of experience in fixing things...so if
this is better left to a professional, please let me know. I'm pretty
intelligent and have great hand/eye co-ordination, so I'm hoping I can
do this myself...?

My 13" Emerson television worked fine last night. I turned it off
without any problem. I tried turning it on this morning, but the screen

stays dark and I hear a 'hissing' or 'clicking' noise for 2-3 seconds.

What should I do????

Thanks so much for any advice!

Racho

Open the back cover,remove the board and check this board with broken
solder connections especially where is board has a little bit dark
color(there probably you'll see the broken connections because parts in
that spots heating too much)Another problem is burn up some parts in
that areas.You need have some skills to use multimeter and check some
parts like transistor,diods and resistors.
Asimov

"Rachopickle" bravely wrote to "All" (25 Sep 05 11:31:41)
--- on the heady topic of "Emerson television (et1331e) won't turn on/hissing =
noise"

Ra From: "Rachopickle"
Ra Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:343079

Ra I hope someone can help me...thanks in advance!

Ra I'm a young woman without alot of experience in fixing things...so if
Ra this is better left to a professional, please let me know. I'm pretty
Ra intelligent and have great hand/eye co-ordination, so I'm hoping I can
Ra do this myself...?

Ra My 13" Emerson television worked fine last night. I turned it off
Ra without any problem. I tried turning it on this morning, but the
Ra screen
Ra stays dark and I hear a 'hissing' or 'clicking' noise for 2-3 seconds.

Ra What should I do????

Ra Thanks so much for any advice!

Racho,

If you have never fixed a TV before and don't know how to solder then
you are out of the DIY leagues as far as this type of repair goes.
These things usually have a warning "No USER servicable" something or
other inside. If you are a "USER" then forget it... buy a new one.

OTOH it may be the yoke socket has a rotted out h-out solder pad.
It might also be the FBK arcing or worse the PSU ticking however...

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... I know flyback, ultor, and 47 other dangerous words.