Rachopickle

Default Emerson television (et1331e) won't turn on/hissing noise

Hi

I hope someone can help me...thanks in advance!

I'm a young woman without alot of experience in fixing things...so if
this is better left to a professional, please let me know. I'm pretty
intelligent and have great hand/eye co-ordination, so I'm hoping I can
do this myself...?

My 13" Emerson television worked fine last night. I turned it off
without any problem. I tried turning it on this morning, but the screen

stays dark and I hear a 'hissing' or 'clicking' noise for 2-3 seconds.

What should I do????

Thanks so much for any advice!

Racho