Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Andrew Howard

Default Troubleshooting computer monitors without power

I have two computer monitors that I want to fix, but unfortunately I am not
allowed to work on them or test them at all while there is power in it. I am
allowed to observe, and that's it. I was wondering if anyone could give me
any ideas on how to fix them without power?

The first one is a Samsung Syncmaster 750s that is warped. Each colour is
warped a different amount, in an effect that looks like the opposite of
pin-cushioning. I can't see any obvious fried things.

The second is a Hyundai 1772E that doesn't appear to be getting power to the
picture tube. (I can't make sure, because I'm not allowed to test it.) I
don't know if the tube is supposed to warm up visibly or anything, but I see
no change in it. The standby light turns on, so it is not a completely blown
power supply.

So if anyone can suggest anything for these, which doesn't involve touching
it with the power on, that would be great. Also, if anyone has any service
manuals or schematics for either of these, I would be very grateful.

Thanks
Andrew Howard