Tom MacIntyre

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:58:51 +1000, "Andrew Howard"
wrote:

It actually is a rule imposed by my parents, as suggested by someone else.
I'm 19 and have been doing electronics for a while and am aware of the
safety issues involved, but while I'm living at home, I respect the rules
imposed on me by my parents. Even if I hate them (especially in this case).
It took me long enough to convince them that I knew how discharge everything
adequately to be able to even touch the thing with the power off. So I don't
think I'll be able to work on the while they are live until I either leave
home, or get a job in the industry for a while.
So if anyone has any ideas about the monitors...

Thanks
Andrew Howard

I originally thought that it was imposed by an employer or university
department, etc...as the father of two, I believe that you are correct
to heed your parents.

In case it hasn't been suggested, check this out, and let your parents
know that you are educating yourself in the safety issues.

http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

Good luck.

Tom